Ah, that most dreaded of household tasks: re-stuffing your duvet into the cover.
Duvet covers are fantastic in theory. If you've invested in a good quality down comforter, using a duvet cover is the best way to protect it! More importantly, they can instantly change up the look of your bed. But putting the duvet back into the cover after the wash is enough to make even the most seasoned bedding aficionado want to scream.
Until now! Here's our step-by-step guide to re-stuffing your duvet into the cover — the easy way.
Watch the video here:
1. Turn your duvet cover inside out and spread it across your bed, with the opening at the far side.
2. Spread your duvet out on top of the cover.
3. If your duvet cover has ties, tie all four of them to secure the corners.
4. Carefully roll the duvet and cover together.
5. Flip the ends of the duvet cover over the duvet.
6. Keep pulling the edge of the duvet cover around the roll.
7. Button or zip the end of the duvet cover.
(Rotate to the foot of the bed if necessary)
8. Unroll the duvet
9. Shake/fluff to straighten.
10. Add pillows.
A note about styling
Should you cover up with your duvet at night? That's completely up to you. We styled this bed with the duvet folded at the foot of the bed -- make sure to fold it in thirds with the top edge folded toward the foot of the bed so you can pull the duvet over you if you get chilly during the night.
Here are a few other ways to style your duvet:
Pulling the duvet cover all the way up highlights the return on a pretty flat sheet.
Use a king size duvet/duvet cover on a queen size bed for a look that extends to the floor.
Or layer a pretty coverlet or blanket at the foot of the bed for a more casual vibe.
Need more inspo? Visit us at the store or shop Duvet Covers online at https://bedsidemanor.com/collections/duvet-covers