10 Steps to a Good Night’s Sleep
Having a hard time winding down and falling asleep? Follow these tips and exchange restless nights for soothing slumber!
1. There’s nothing like a good soak in the tub to wash away stress. Even if you have limited time - just 10 minutes in a warm bath will help ease tension and promote relaxation.
2. Slip into comfy sleepwear. Whether you prefer pajamas, sleep shirts or nightgowns, always choose soft, soothing materials like cotton.
4. Enhance your aromatherapy experience by adding scented soaps and lotions to your evening skincare routine.
5. Hide the day’s clutter like baskets of unfolded laundry and work papers. Think about your to do lists in the morning not at bedtime!
6. Sip a warm drink like tea while you get ready for bed. And feel free to add a cookie or two on “one of those days.”
7. Put an end to tossing and turning! Great sheets pamper your body while you sleep, making every position comfortable. Luxurious cotton weaves are a must.
8. If you don’t have black out shades, consider a silk sleep mask. Talk about easy on the eyes… Not only will it make you feel old-time-movie-star-glamorous, the right kind of sleep mask can even help reduce fine facial lines.
9. When you are ready to climb into bed, make sure to lay your head on a quality down pillow. Who wouldn’t sleep well, resting on a cloud? If you need something firmer for neck support, slip that pillow under the down one for the best of both worlds!
10. Reset your thoughts. Lose yourself in a good book or a favorite magazine for 10-20 minutes before lights out. Choose something that will encourage sweet dreams as you drift off to sleep.